1. Attend a discipline specific Community Development clinic (Box, Men’s Field, or Women’s Field). You are now considered Community Development Trained.
** A Coach MUST be Community Development Trained before they begin the CPI process **
1. Attend a discipline specific Competitive Introduction Clinic (Box, Men’s Field, or Women’s Field). You are now considered CPI In Training.
2. Complete the online concussion awareness module, Making Head Way, you are still considered CPI In Training.
3. Successfully complete the discipline specific Competitive Introduction workbook (Box, Men’s Field, or Women’s Field). You are now considered CPI Trained.
** A Coach MUST be Community Development Trained and Competitive Introduction Trained before they can begin to become Competitive Introduction Certified **
1. Complete the Competitive Introduction online ethical decision making module, Making Ethical Decisions (MED), you are still considered CPI Trained.
2. Have a practice evaluated in-person or on video by a certified Lacrosse evaluator (SLA will administer this), You are now CPI Certified.
** A Coach MUST be trained in Community Development AND trained or certified in Competitive Introduction before they may begin their Competitive Development Training. **
1. Attend the discipline specific CLA Competitive Development workshops A, B, and C as well as the multi-sport modules (Making Ethical Decisions, Leading Drug Free Sport, Prevention and Recovery, Developing Athletic Abilities), You are now Competitive Development in training.
2. Successfully complete the discipline specific Competitive Development portfolio, You are now Competitive Development trained.
** A Coach MUST be trained in Community Development, trained or certified in Competitive Introduction, and trained in Competitive Development before they can become Competitive Development Certified. **
1. Complete the Competitive Development online modules, Drug Free Lacrosse, and Managing Conflict, you are still Competitive Development Trained.
2. Have two practices (Support to Athletes in Training and Analyze Performance) and one game (Support the Competitive Experience) evaluated in person or on video by a certified Lacrosse evaluator, You are now Competitive Development Certified.
Please note that effective January 2014, all Coaches Competitive Development trained and certified Coaches at any level are required to accumulate 20 coach professional development points in each 5-year cycle in order to maintain active status. Coaches received professional development points by taking extra modules and coaching each year.
To sign up for a Coaching Clinic please click on Online Coaching program on the left hand menu for a step by step process to register for Coaching Clinics. To see what your current Coaching status is or to add professional development points please click on The Locker on the left hand menu.
For more information on the Coaching Certification process please contact Chris Lesanko or Toll Free at 1.844.780.9216 ext. 1 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Canadian Lacrosse Asociation and Coaching Association of Canada have worked together to develop a Coaching Certification Pathway that is specific to the sport of Lacrosse. Below is the pathway to becoming a certified Lacrosse Coaching from Community Development (beginning) to Competitive Development (end).